Chicken and chickpea curry named Chicken Moon curry by three year old who calls chickpeas ‘moons’. This is a super tasty crowd-pleaser in our house with the added bonus of being packed full of veg, nutritious fibre and mineral rich chickpeas and lean protein.
Serves 4 -6
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1 large onion sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced
3 tablespoons of medium curry powder ( i use Sharwoods)
3 tablespoons mango chutney
3 chicken breasts sliced
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 heaped teaspoon cornflour and water
- In a large deep pan or pot, heat the oil and add the onions. Cook, stirring regularly for about five minutes until the onions are golden and soft.
- Add the curry powder and stir continuously for a minute until aromatic.
- Next add the peppers and chicken and cook until everything is coated and the chicken is ‘browned’.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas and mango chutney. Give everything a good stir until everything is combined. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with a splash of water to make a slurry, add the to curry and stir well. At this point leave the cover off your pan/pot and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes.
Serve with basmati rice and poppadoms. This curry freezes well and is a good one to add to your batchcooking arsenal.
Dublin Mummy x
Follow me on: