- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp paprika
- 4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 tblsp oil
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tblsp honey
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 veg or chicken stock cube dissolved in a little boiling water
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. Place the chicken pieces in a large plastic bag, add half the spice mixture and toss until the chicken pieces are thoroughly coated. Place in the fridge for at least an hour (the longer the better) to allow the spices to permeate the meat.
- Heat the oil in a large high-sided frying pan, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry until browned all over. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute over a low heat, then add the remaining spice mixture and fry until the onions are soft.
- Add the honey, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Add the chicken pieces and toss until coated in the sauce then cook gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with couscous and lots of chopped fresh coriander.
Dublin Mummy x
If you would like to follow me on social media, you can find me here:
Pingback: 7 easy family dinners | Dublin Mummy