I whipped-up this soup in a hurry last week before my girlies (aka my sistas from anotha mutha) called over for lunch. The soup turned out really well and the girls have all asked me to share the recipe which is always a good sign.
Serves: 6 people
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion chopped
2 large garlic cloves crushed
1 large potato peeled and quartered
600g bag of frozen broccoli
600g bag of frozen cauliflower
1 veg stock cube
100g red cheddar grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot, add the onions and sweat for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic to the onions and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli and potato to the pot and give everything a good stir.
- Pour boiling water from the kettle over the vegetables until they are just about covered in water. Crumble in the veg stock cube and season with plenty of ground black pepper. Give everything a good stir.
- Cover the pot, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Let the soup simmer until all the veg is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Next blend the soup until smooth in a liquidiser or using a stick blender. Once the soup is blended, stir through the grated cheese and cream until all the cheese is melted. Season to taste.
Dublin Mummy x