This slowcooker recipe couldn’t be easier. Put it on in the morning and come home to lovely rich tomato soup for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 cans of plum tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large tablespoons sour cream
- Fresh basil pesto to serve
- Put all the ingredients except for the pesto and sour cream in the slowcooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours until the onion is soft.
- Add the sour cream and puree, serve with fresh pesto swirled on top.
This soup goes great with a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch or dinner and it also freezes really well.
Dublin Mummy x