What child doesn’t like a chicken goujon? A healthy homemade chicken goujon is a great freezer standby and always received well by fussy eaters and independent toddlers who like things they can pick up and eat themselves.
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 slice of bread
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut chicken into strips
- Beat egg in a bowl
- Season flour with salt and pepper ( if your baby is over 1 year old, otherwise omit salt) in another bowl
- Blitz the bread in food processor to make breadcrumbs and place in a third bowl
- Using a fork dip the each chicken breast first in flour, then in the egg and lastly in the breadcrumb
- Place on a lined baking tray
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes until cooked through, turning once during cooking
- Eat immediately or cool completely and place into a freezer bag and freeze
- If cooking from frozen, place on a baking tray and cook through at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes of until they heated all the way through
Serve with ketchup, mashed potato and peas. I often make big batches of these and reheat as i need them for a quick healthy dinner for my little ones after a busy day.
Hope your little ones enjoy these, they are certainly a crowd-pleaser in my house.
Dublin Mummy x